Vaginal restoration is a catch-all term of aesthetic and functional procedures which claim to provide relief of many issues affecting women’s health, ranging from postmenopausal vulvovaginal symptoms (i.e. dryness, burning, itching), stress urinary incontinence, sexual dysfunction or discomfort, vaginal laxity, and external labial appearance, amongst other.
Radio Frequency technologies work by heating the connective tissue of the vaginal wall to 104 to 107°F thereby remodeling extracellular matrix configuration. Once optimal temperatures are reached, collagen contraction, neocollagenesis, vascularization, and growth factor infiltration could lead to durable vaginal wall changes with improvement in elasticity and moisture of the vaginal wall.
Viveve® is an FDA-approved treatment that tightens and strengthens vaginal tissue by gently heating it at its depth via a patented, cryogen-cooled monopolar Radiofrequency device that produces collagen.
Viveve® is safe and effective and has consistently demonstrated positive therapeutic outcomes, specifically by improving sexual performance in patients.
This treatment uses a small probe or wand inside the vagina to apply pulses of energy and recalibrate the collagen in the vagina. The device is designed to function on dual mode, cooling and protecting the surface tissue while heating the underlying layers.
With ageing, women experience internal and external changes in the body, specifically the vaginal region. Loss of elasticin and collagen causes the skin and muscles to relax, leading to laxity. Childbirth is another factor that can cause vaginal laxity as well as pain during intercourse and decreased sensations.
The Viveve® device maintains patient comfort and safety throughout and delivers 90J/cm² of energy deep into the tissue, all the while protecting the skin from any damage and reviving the lacerated cells.
Unlike other vaginal restoration treatments, Viveve® requires just a single session that can last anywhere between 8 to 60 minutes. The device uses a patented cryogen-cooling technology on the vaginal tissue so that no anesthesia is required.
Viveve® Helps With
- Vaginal laxity or atrophy
- Diminished sexual desire or arousal
- Urinary incontinence
- Overactive bladder
- Decreased lubrication
- Pain or discomfort during intercourse
- Thinning of the vaginal wall
- Inability to orgasm or decreased orgasmic sensations
- Completely safe and comfortable
- Tightens vaginal canal
- Reduces vaginal laxity
- Increases sensation during intercourse
- Increases the quality of the orgasm
- Reduces vaginal dryness
- Improves vaginal strength, tone and control
- Naturally rebuilds collagen in the vaginal region
- Improves the appearance of the labia and vulvovaginal region
- Single-session treatment
- Consistent patient results
- Demonstrated clinical evidence
The O-Shot® is a procedure for women that is effective at resolving sexual dysfunction and urinary incontinence symptoms. Until recently, there were very few options for women with female sexual dysfunction. The O-Shot® has changed all that. This quick and painless procedure can revive your sex life. The O-Shot® improves lubrication, sensitivity, and ease and intensity of orgasm often resolving urinary incontinence too.
How Is the PRP for the O-Shot® Acquired?
A small amount of blood is drawn in the office at the time of the procedure. Your blood is then spun in a specially designed centrifuge which separates the platelets and plasma from the rest of the blood. The platelets are isolated and then injected back into the body wherever their benefits are needed. Since a numbing cream is applied to the skin long before the injection, there is no pain during the procedure.
How many treatments are needed?
Initially, 3 to 6 treatments 4-6 weeks apart are recommended for optimal results. Thereafter, maintenance treatments are recommended everyone to two years depending on skin type
What Benefits Can a Woman Have from the O-Shot®?
- Decreased or completely resolved pain during sex (known as dyspareunia).
- Increased ability to have vaginal orgasms.
- Greater arousal from clitoral stimulation.
- A tighter vaginal canal (if felt to be too loose prior).
- A more elastic vaginal canal (if felt to be too tight prior, usually after menopause).
- Younger, smoother skin externally (lips of the vagina).
- Decreased or resolved overactive bladder and/or urinary incontinence.
- Stronger and more frequent orgasms.
- Increased vaginal lubrication.
Stem Cells for Vaginal Restoration
Stem cell therapy can help make the female genital area become suppler, more attractive and youthful, while also improving the overall texture and (most importantly) provide a “look and feel” that is completely natural. This particular stem cell technique has proven to be a powerful aid at correcting a number of female issues involving the level of sensation, as well as the overall appearance of the vaginal area and also helps with incontinence issues. The causes of many of these detrimental issues can range from merely aging and childbirth, to wearing extremely tight clothing or even by performing certain strenuous athletic activities.
When stem cells are used in the treatment, they aid in correcting some vaginal issues involved in the genital’s appearance and the level of sensation. This provides a more supple and attractive vagina, with a natural look and feel. The treatment can also inspire more confidence in women and help provide more enjoyment in their intimate moments with their partners.
What Are the Results of Vaginal Restoration Treatment with Stem Cells?
- Decreased urinary incontinence
- Increased natural lubrication
- Decreased pain for women with dyspareunia
- Enhanced sexual desire
- Frequent and stronger orgasms
- Tighter vaginal opening
- Younger and smoother vulva skin
- Greater arousal from clitoral stimulation
What Are the Advantages of Stem Cell Therapy over Surgical Options in Vaginal Restoration?
Stem cell therapy may have the capacity to provide anti-aging benefits and long-lasting restoration. The following are the potential advantages of this non-surgical therapy over the traditional surgical routes:
- It does not require anesthesia, which makes it more cost-effective and safer
- Stem cells can be extracted from fat (stomach fat is an easy tissue from which to source the cells)
- The procedure may aid in restoring blood flow, muscle tone, & volume in the area for vaginal canal tightening
- It may help in making the G-spot more responsive to stimuli
- It does not leave scars, making it look natural